Starting on October 18, 2016, the Murray Lions Club Foundation will be auctioning off a number of fun and unique items to bid on to raise money for our Foundation. The annual fundraiser would not be a success without our great corporate sponsors shown above and you the buying public. Sure, you can buy a lot of the auction items locally, but choosing to buy through the auction generates proceeds going to fund our local community projects:
- Kid Sight: Our flagship community program offering free vision screenings for Pre-K and Head Start children. Last year the Murray Lions alone screened over 1700 children referring over 200 to local optometrists to correct early vision problems.
- Prescription Eyeglass Assistance: With the help of our local optometrist partners, we provide assistance with vouchers for glasses to the needy in our community.
- Murray Lions Community Skate Park: Our Centennial Service Project is completing Phase 2 of the community skate park.
- Scholarships: The Murray Lions endowment provided 16 scholarships to local high school students attending Murray State.
- Community Backpack Program: Purchasing food and providing labor to pack needed weekend nourishment for local school children in need of assistance.
MES and Charter Channel 13, Mediacom Channel 299, WK-T Channel 1
To preview some of the items online you can click here.