WoodmenLife makes a presentation of a check to Murray Lions president, Paul McCreary during last night’s Murray Lions meeting. The donation is part of the annual fundraising event for the Murray Lions, which culminates with a TV auction on October 18th and a national online auction running from October 19th-28th.
The WoodmenLife’s generous donation is supportive of the Murray Lions Foundation’s community mission:
- KidSight: Our flagship community program offering free vision screenings for Pre-K and Head Start children. Last year the Murray Lions alone screened over 1700 children referring over 200 to local optometrists to correct early vision problems.
- Prescription Eyeglass Assistance: With the help of our local optometrist partners, we provide assistance with vouchers for glasses to the needy in our community.
- Murray Lions Community Skate Park: Our Centennial Service Project is completing Phase 2 of the community skate park.
- Scholarships: The Murray Lions endowment provided 16 scholarships to local high school students attending Murray State.
- Community Backpack Program: Purchasing food and providing labor to pack needed weekend nourishment for local school children in need of assistance.
Pictured above from the left are Sid Gutting, Lions president Paul McCreary, Phyllis Gutting and Rachel Brown.